Some smile improvements are subtle while others are more obvious. A smile makeover in Irvine, coordinated by cosmetic dentist Dr. Charles Tozzer, can completely transform your appearance so that you’re happy with how your smile looks.Get the Perfect Smile! Read Transcript
Smile makeover is something that's gotten a lot of press lately with some TV programs that focus on it. Smile make over is nothing more than doing dentistry from a cosmetic standpoint. Veneers are part of it. Crowns are part of it, implants are part of it. There's a lot of different things and what's best for the patient would be something we can explain to them individually what works for them. We have some unique things. When we do smile makeovers. We have the dental lab actually come to our office so we can custom pick a shade for that patient. And I encourage the patient to look at pictures of teeth, tell me what they want, what it is they'd like to get. And it's not just about the color. The color is important, but actually contour is just as important. So we have patients looking at different contours. You know there's about 11 different contours of teeth out there?
And we educate the patients so they can decide what's best for them. Believe it or not, there's male and female teeth and if you give someone the wrong teeth, it will look wrong. They won't know exactly what it is, but they'll say, “Well, it just doesn't look right.” Even the Greeks figured this out. I teach this to dentists. 3000 years ago. You know the width of your front tooth is one 16th of the width of your face? The length of the tooth is also one 16th of the length of your face and the same general shape, male and female teeth.
So there's a science to it, but there's also an art and this is where the lab comes in and we get the shading and the color just right for that patient. So it's science and art together that makes cosmetic work overs and you can't have one without the other. We have patients fly in from all over the country for this particular procedure. We've earned a reputation of doing this very well and they're challenging cases. I've had cases I've done that were done previously by two or three other dentists and I tell the patient, “I don't want to be another one in the list. I want to be the last one. We're going to figure this out. We want to get this done just right for you. And I need from you feedback on what it is you want things to be.”
Your makeover may include:
- A careful consultation with Dr. Tozzer, who will create a plan to provide the results you want while suiting your lifestyle and your budget
- Wax models to offer you a preview of what major changes will look like
- A meeting with a representative from our dental lab partner to ensure you get the appearance you desire
- Cosmetic services like dental veneers, gum reshaping, and/or dental bonding
- Restorative dentistry such as dental crowns and bridges
The first step in your smile transformation is a consultation with Dr. Tozzer. To schedule one, call us today at 949-304-2897. Have you already spoken to another dentist? Second opinions at Tozzer Dental are free!
Choose From Many Cosmetic & Restorative Services for Your Makeover
A makeover can address any smile flaw, from missing teeth to stained teeth. Dr. Tozzer will meet with you to determine the cosmetic and/or restorative solutions that will best address your needs. Your options include:
- Dental Veneers – These custom-made restorations change the appearance of flawed teeth while complementing the other teeth in your smile.
- Tooth Bonding – It usually takes just one visit for this treatment, which covers flaws with layers of tooth-colored resin (the same material used for fillings).
- Teeth Whitening – A whitening treatment removes surface discoloration from your teeth. You’ll receive refills of whitening gel as long as you see us regularly for dental exams.
- Teeth Contouring – Uneven edges, small chips, and similar flaws vanish with this easy treatment.
- Gum Reshaping – We can easily alter the appearance of your gums with our laser.
- Dental Crowns – A crown can repair damage and/or hide cosmetic issues.
- Dental Implants – Your smile looks and feels completely natural when you replace missing teeth with implants.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge is a reliable way to replace teeth. It can be used with or without implants.
For a smile makeover in Irvine, call 949-304-2897.