Few people make it through life without a cavity or two, even those who take great care of their teeth. The good news is, cavities are typically no problem to treat. We use laser cavity detection to find them when they are small and can be easily repaired with tooth fillings in Irvine.Repair Teeth With Matching Materials Read Transcript
Tooth fillings are basically meant to deal with decay or disease. And fillings, everybody knows about a cavity and a filling. Now they have evolved quite a bit. The old silver fillings just aren't done that much anymore. Patients want them to look good, and so we'll restore with white fillings when we can. We'll also restore with white crowns. The need to look natural and they need to work well. Patients when they survey tell us they want them, their teeth, to look good, worked well, and last a long time. That's pretty simple, but that's what we try to provide.
Our dental fillings will:
- Make it easy for you to chew your food with no discomfort
- Prevent small cavities from turning into larger ones that will require a more extensive restoration
- Blend easily into your smile since we use composite fillings instead of metal
- Restore your tooth’s functionality right away
- Stop your tooth from becoming infected
With our DIAGNOdent cavity detection, we often find cavities even before they can be seen by the naked eye. We look for cavities during every dental exam. To schedule your next one, call 949-304-2897. New patient exams are free!
Composite Fillings Won’t Stand Out in Your Smile
You don’t want a dental restoration to stand out in your smile. Metal fillings start out silvery gray and darken over the years, creating black spots in your smile. In contrast, we match composite fillings to the rest of your teeth, so they look totally natural.
In addition to their discreet appearance, composite fillings:
- Cause Fewer Allergy Issues – Composite is more biocompatible than amalgam fillings, which are made of a blend of different kinds of metal.
- Keep Your Tooth More Intact – Metal fillings require us to remove more of your healthy tooth structure than composite fillings do.
- Contain No Mercury – Even though the FDA says mercury is safe in the small amounts used in metal fillings, some people prefer to avoid mercury whenever possible. You won’t need to worry about mercury at all with our composite fillings.