No matter how well you care for your smile, there may be times that oral surgery in Irvine is the best way to preserve your oral health. You can trust our team with your oral surgery procedure! We use the latest dental technology and techniques to provide you with comfortable treatment and effective results.Comfortable Care Read Transcript
Oral surgery is a great service we also provide. Sometimes when things are very bad and the patient's in a lot of pain, despite our efforts to save a tooth, we may have the tooth extracted. We do most of our oral surgery here. We actually do the implants in the office and I bring the surgeon to the office to place the implants for the patient. But oral surgery is losing the tooth often or taking care of infections or things of that sort. We try to stay out of those problems, but when they happen, the important thing is the patient's taken care of properly.
Sometimes despite our efforts we lose, I'm a bad loser, I don't like losing teeth. That's what we're about, is trying to save them. But you know what? Sometimes we lose. When we lose and a tooth needs to come out, the patient has a couple of choices and I try to outline this for them so they understand. They center around not only removing the tooth, whether they want to do it here or with the specialist, but how are they going to restore it later on? Sometimes you don't want to make those decisions right away, but we try to outline. We explain it to patients, it's my job to explain to them what we can do. It's their job to decide what it is they want to do.
An oral surgery procedure can:
- Relieve your dental pain
- Solve an immediate problem
- Stop future oral health complications from happening
- Prepare your mouth for dental implants to restore your smile
Call 949-304-2897 to see if our team can resolve an oral health issue with a surgical procedure.
Our Team Ensures Your Dental Surgery Goes Smoothly
There’s no need to worry about dental surgery at our practice. You’ll benefit from:
- A dentist who has performed countless oral surgery procedures in his 40 years of practice
- Advanced technology like 3D imaging and lasers for planning and performing your treatment
- A choice of three kinds of sedation to soothe your nerves
- Comforting amenities like headphones for listening to music
- An attentive staff who respond to your concerns
Maintain Your Oral Health With Dental Surgery
If you need a problem tooth removed or need to prepare your jaw for dental implants, we can help. We offer:
- Tooth Extractions – If we can’t save your tooth with root canal treatment or a dental crown, then we’ll remove it as gently and efficiently as possible.
- Bone Grafts – Bone loss in your jaw threatens teeth and can make it difficult for you to receive implants. We can encourage new bone growth by adding a special material to your jaw.
- Sinus Lifts – This procedure adds height and width to the bone in your upper jaw to better accommodate dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – We can restore the contours of your gums and jaw to restore volume lost after tooth removal. You’ll enjoy a more natural appearance and better dental health.
No matter which procedure you receive, remember that you can receive dental sedation. You have a choice of three kinds: laughing gas, an oral sedative, or IV sedation.