Symptoms like bleeding gums and bad breath are bad enough. In its advanced stages, however, gum disease can cause you to lose teeth. Not only that, but research indicates it affects more than just your oral health. Studies link diseased gums to serious conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease. Fortunately, we can return your gums to health with gum disease treatment in Irvine.
Our treatment will:
- Relieve discomfort caused by tender and bleeding gums
- Restore your gums’ pink and healthy appearance
- Prevent the deterioration of tissue and bone that can result in tooth loss
- Encourage new bone and tissue growth
- Lower your risk of conditions associated with gum disease
If you think you may have gum disease, call us ASAP at 949-304-2897.
We Use a Laser to Quickly & Comfortably Treat Gum Disease
Depending on the severity of gum disease, treatment can range from a thorough dental cleaning to removal of diseased tissue followed by a gum graft. For later-stage gum disease, we use an FDA-approved treatment called LANAP (laser-assisted new attachment procedure). Compared to traditional periodontal treatment, LANAP is:
- Less Invasive – The laser makes it possible to remove infected tissue and harmful bacteria without affecting healthy tissue. The laser also painlessly seals your gums to prevent re-entry of bacteria. Without a laser, we’d need to put stitches in your gums.
- More Comfortable – Laser surgery involves no cutting or stitching and very little bleeding. Many patients receive only local anesthesia, though dental sedation is available.
- Less Likely to Result in Downtime – With less swelling and sensitivity, you’ll experience little if any downtime after your procedure. Since no cutting or stitches are involved, you’ll also have a lower risk of post-procedure infection.
No matter which treatment you receive, we’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia. If you’re nervous or concerned about discomfort, you can also receive one of our three kinds of sedation.
For gum disease treatment in Irvine, call Tozzer Dental at 949-304-2897.