Early detection is a key advantage when treating issues ranging from dental decay to oral cancer. When you treat a problem in its earliest stages, you enjoy better long-term outcomes – and your treatment is generally simpler and less expensive too. That’s why dental cleanings and exams in Irvine are so important!
During your exam and cleaning, Dr. Charles Tozzer and the rest of our team:
- Use several methods, including laser technology, to detect cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer in their early stages
- Look for signs of other issues, including TMJ dysfunction and sleep apnea
- Remove disease-causing bacteria from your mouth
- May recommend preventive dental care like dental sealants and fluoride treatments
- Get to know you and your individual dental goals and concerns
- Often offer same-day treatment for problems like cavities
We Use the Latest Technology to Detect Dental Issues
We use some of the latest equipment to find dental issues that may need attention, including cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer. When possible, we also treat issues the same day we discover them. For example, we can often repair a cavity with a filling during your appointment. With no second trip to our office required, you’ll save time, hassle, and expense.
Our high-tech equipment includes:
- VELscope – A special blue light helps us find abnormalities in your mouth that may indicate oral cancer. Dr. Tozzer also feels the tissue in and around your mouth. If he finds anything unusual, he may recommend a biopsy.
- DIAGNOdent – Laser fluorescence reveals cavities even before they can be seen by the naked eye.
- Diode Laser – We use our laser to both find and treat gum disease.
Extended Hours Make It Easy to See Us for Dental Exams
We recommend that you visit us at least twice a year for a dental exam and cleaning. We know, though, that it can be tough to make time for these visits – especially for multiple family members. We make it easier with our extended hours. Our office is open as early as 7 a.m. and remains open as late as 6 p.m. Unlike many dentists, we also offer lunchtime appointments. With two dental hygienists, we can often see multiple family members during a single visit.
Your Exams Are Always Comfortable & Convenient
We provide many comforts and conveniences to ensure you have a great experience every time you visit our office. You can enjoy:
- Fresh-baked cookies
- Coffee, water, and other beverages
- Headphones for listening to music while we work
- Staff members who can speak several languages, including Thai and Tagalog
For dental cleanings and exams in Irvine, call Tozzer Dental at 949-304-2897. Our office is located at 14785 Jeffrey Road, Suite 112, just off I-5 at the Jeffrey Road exit in the Arbor Village Center.