The best way to deal with dental problems is by stopping them from occurring in the first place. Preventing cavities, with good oral hygiene and regular professional cleanings, is easier than repairing them. With general dentistry in Irvine, we focus on preventing cavities, gum disease, and other dental problems.Keeping Your Smile Healthy Read Transcript
General dentistry is a lot of different things to a lot of people, but it's basically taking care of our patients. General dentistry includes gum treatments, regular cleanings, things people are familiar with, but it also includes sedation, cosmetic dentistry. A lot of things come under the umbrella of general dentistry.
What makes dentistry a little different than our colleagues in medicine? 80% of the physicians specialized. Only 20 are generalists. Dentistry, it's kind of the exact opposite. 80% of dentists do general dentistry and 20% are specialists. Now, a lot of general dentists can quite capably handle many of the specialty in the area of dentistry, and so the patient needs to ask the dentist, “Which of these fields do you do?” A good general dentist, to me it's fascinating, because you got to be good at lots of different things, can manage a lot of the patient's needs.
Our general dental care will:
- Keep your teeth clean and in good condition
- Give you the confidence that comes from knowing your smile is healthy
- Help you avoid costly and time-consuming procedures
- Improve your overall health
Call Tozzer Dental at 949-304-2897 for proactive dental care.
Keep Your Smile in Top Shape With General Dentistry Services
Some dental damage can’t be avoided – but a lot of it can with proactive general dental care. While we can repair your smile with restorative dentistry, it’s easier and less expensive to keep your teeth in great shape with:
- Dental Exams – We pride ourselves on how thorough our exams are! We use high-tech equipment to discover health-threatening problems like oral cancer, cavities, and gum disease. For example, our VELscope technology finds abnormalities that can indicate early-stage oral cancer.
- Dental Cleanings – Your teeth will feel fresh and look great after a meticulous cleaning.
- Mouthguards – We can fit you for a custom-made mouthguard to protect your teeth from hard blows and other athletic injuries. You can also get a mouthguard for snoring to relieve sleep apnea symptoms.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – Dry mouth isn’t just uncomfortable. A lack of saliva causes many issues ranging from bad breath to cavities. We’ll provide you with products that can help.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We offer treatment for every stage of gum disease. We often use a laser to keep it quick, comfortable, and effective.
New Patients Receive a Free Dental Exam
Regular exams are absolutely essential for a healthy smile! You should visit us at least once every six months for this important checkup. Because they are so important, exams are free for our new patients. As an incentive for established patients, you’ll receive a supply of professional-strength whitening gel at each exam as long as you maintain our recommended schedule.