Teeth replacements often require trade-offs, such as drilling into healthy teeth to support a dental bridge or using adhesive to keep dentures in place. With dental implants in Irvine, though, your new teeth look, feel, and perform so much like your natural teeth you’ll likely forget you even have them.Replace Your Missing Teeth With The Best Read Transcript
Implants are an exciting new thing in dentistry. It's not that new, it's over 50 years old now, but they've really evolved as a science. Implants not only restore teeth and function, but they also maintain bone. When a tooth is pulled, the jaw bone starts to deteriorate. It doesn't if a tooth is in there and it doesn't if an implant is in there.
Now implants service in several different ways, the most obvious is replacing a single tooth. Say you were in an accident and knocked out your front tooth, an implant would put a manmade root into the bone and after setting properly, a tooth could be built on that manmade root just like it would be on a natural route. Also, implants are used for multiple tooth replacement, more commonly in the back teeth, and we've done that as well. Implants also can support dentures, where if someone's had a denture and is just not happy with the fit or the hold, an implant would help supplement that hold and make it fit and hold better.
With implants, you’ll enjoy:
- Simple Maintenance – Chances are you won’t need any special cleaning solutions to keep your teeth clean. Unlike regular dentures, implant dentures won’t need periodic adjustments to maintain the fit.
- Enhanced Confidence – Replacement teeth attached to implants won’t come loose. You’ll have no worries about teeth that slip during a meal or other social event.
- Any Kind of Food You’d Like – With implants, your bite will be nearly as strong as before you lost teeth. Eat anything you want, from crunchy apples to juicy ribs.
- A Younger Appearance – Implants stimulate your jaw, which keeps the bone strong and fully intact. Your face stays fuller and looks younger.
Call 949-304-2897 to schedule a consultation and find out if implants are right for you. Remember, second opinions are free!
Choose From Many Dental Implant Procedures
Dr. Charles Tozzer, a member of the Orange County Implant Study Club, can replace any number of missing teeth with implants. He can even perform a full-mouth reconstruction. Your implant options include:
- Single Implant With a Crown – No one will ever know you had a missing tooth when we replace it with a dental crown attached to an implant.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – Unlike a conventional bridge, a bridge supported by implants won’t affect any of your other teeth.
- Dental Implant Dentures – Implant dentures offer many advantages over conventional dentures, including a more secure fit and a stronger bite.
We’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia, but you can also receive dental sedation if you’d like. Unlike many general dentists, we offer three different choices: laughing gas, oral sedation, and IV sedation.
For dental implants in Irvine, call us today at 949-304-2897.