If you need fast help for dental emergencies in Irvine or nearby areas, your Tozzer Dental team is often available for same-day care. That’s because we reserve time in our daily schedule to allow us to treat emergencies. Given Dr. Charles Tozzer’s 40-year career in dentistry, there are few emergency situations he hasn’t handled.Always Here For You Read Transcript
The unexpected, unfortunately, does happen. We've had patients, believe it or not, kicked by a horse. You don't hear that much these days. We've had car accidents, of course. And we've had something as simple as pulling off an old crown that was done 20 years ago at some other office. Dental emergencies come in two flavors. Does it hurt and does it look or feel bad? Okay. Does it hurt is, of course, a priority. Our patients that are our patients, we work real hard to get them in ASAP. In fact, we have emergency call, if not myself, other doctors on all the time. We're always covered and patients find that that's very important to them to know that we're a phone call away. But dental emergencies are pain or inconvenience. One patient called me and he thought he had a dental emergency. He needed an emergency bleaching because he was doing a high school reunion. I'm not sure that qualifies. But patients that are in pain, my staff is great. They get them in, get them in right away.
In addition to an experienced dentist and same-day appointments, our emergency care includes:
- Many restorative services for fixing damage like broken or infected teeth
- Three kinds of dental sedation to ease your anxiety
- Leading-edge technology like dental lasers that help us to treat you quickly and comfortably
- A caring team who knows how to make you comfortable, including communicating with patients in Japanese, Tagalog, Thai, and Laotian
- Peace of mind with a guarantee for dental crowns
If you need emergency dental care, call us ASAP at 949-304-2897.
Repair Damaged Teeth With Restorative Dentistry
We handle many common emergencies with restorative dental care:
- Tooth Fillings – If you’re in pain caused by a cavity, we can often repair it with a dental filling. With tooth-colored composite fillings, you won’t have to worry about dark fillings showing when you smile.
- Dental Crowns – A crown can mend a crack or break in a tooth or repair damage caused by severe dental decay.
- Root Canals – If bacteria gets inside your tooth and causes an infection, you’ll need a root canal to remove the infected material and save the tooth.
In some cases, a tooth will be so badly damaged that an extraction is needed. In most cases, we’ll be able to remove the tooth for you.
Sedation Can Calm You in an Emergency
Even if you’re normally calm at the dentist, a dental emergency can make you feel anxious. We can soothe your nerves with one of our three kinds of dental sedation:
- Laughing Gas – This relaxes you almost immediately when you breathe it in through a small mask. You’ll be able to drive yourself home since it wears off fast and leaves no lingering grogginess.
- Oral Sedative – Though you’ll need to wait 30-60 minutes for it to take effect, a prescription pill will provide a deeper level of relaxation.
- IV Sedation – This is our heaviest form of sedation. It will be administered by Dr. Tozzer, who teaches sedation safety at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC.
Need help for dental emergencies in Irvine? Call us ASAP at 949-304-2897.